7 Ways For a Long Term Detox
Many people ask if undertaking a detox is just a passing trend – and why we would suddenly need it? Well…we don’t live in the jungle anymore surrounded by trees, fresh mineral water, organic food, fertile soil and incredible fresh air!
These days we have polluted air, fluoride in our water, heavy metals in the sea, and a mineral-depleted soil (we use to have 52 types of minerals, now we have 4 to 6 maximum).
If you are experiencing fatigue, digestive distress, aching joints, depression, female reproductive problems and/or chronic diseases, it’s the ideal time to create yourself a toxin-free lifestyle…
1. The best way to detox is by breathing deeply. Oxygen helps your body absorb vitamins and nutrients more efficiently, alkalises your blood and charges your lymphatic system with lots of oxygen.
2. Drink a pint of warm water with a squeeze of lemon first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to stimulate a bowel movement and the liver chi.
3. Eat organic food – it’s free of neurotoxins (toxins that are damaging to brain and nerve cells). It’s higher in vitamin C, antioxidants, and the minerals chromium calcium, iron and magnesium.
4. Use a teaspoon of spirulina* or chlorella daily to removes heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides and dioxins. Zeolite is another one to consider – it helps remove heavy metals and pesticides, reduces viral load and helps to buffer pH balance in the body. Zeolite was given to those affected by the nuclear fallout from Chernobyl to remove radioactivity, powerful stuff!
5. Of course cutting down on refined sugar, alcohol, and saturated fats is a wise habit to adopt for a toxin-free lifestyle.
6. Increase your intake of foods that helps detoxification: kale, parsley, dandelion, broccoli, avocado, artichoke, asparagus, green tea, watercress, cabbage, lemon, ginger, pineapple, garlic, onion, turmeric, apples goji berries, cinnamon, sesame seeds, brazil nuts, millet and apples.
7. Use herbs to support your liver such as dandelion root, ginger, milk thistle etc.
* do not use spirulina if you suffer from hyperthyroidism.
Now let’s shine for the benefit of all ♥