6 ways to balance and detox your pineal gland
In many cultures the pineal gland is referred to as the site/eye of the soul, the centre of spiritual awakening or the third eye. The yogis’ main focus is to keep the pineal gland enlarged, active and healthy so we can deepen the connection to our intuition, attain divine wisdom, go beyond the judging mind, enhance imagination and experience inspiration, clarity and bliss.
“…in every man there is an Eye of the soul which … is far more precious than ten thousand bodily eyes, for by it alone truth is seen.” Plato, Republic.
*Every organ in the human body depends on something else, and nothing works entirely by itself except the pineal. The pineal is not activated by the nerve cells that surround it, instead it appears to be activated by messages that reach it from the eyes.
* The pineal gland is made up of two types of cells – pineocytes and astrocytes. The latter are found throughout the nervous system, but they are not present in any other gland except the pineal.
* The pineal gland regulates sexual development, metabolism and the regulation of melatonin and serotonin (hormones that determine how happy we are).
* It’s in the very centre of the brain between the left and the right hemisphere, so actually not really a true part of the brain.
* It’s got the same cells as human eyes.
* Reptiles’ pineal glands are made up of cornea, lens and retina – yes a proper eye!
* When you have experiences of light in your dreams – this light comes from the pineal.
6 ways to balance and detox your pineal gland:
2. Sleep in complete darkness and make sure you go to bed between 10pm and 12pm
The pineal gland needs the rhythm of day and night to work properly – to regulate the wake/sleep pattern, seasonal function and serotonin/melatonin.
3. Avoid sodium fluoride !
Fluoride is the most damaging chemical for this incredible gland, it creates a calcium coating around it which disturbs the normal activity of this gland.
Use non-fluoride toothpaste or just use coconut oil to brush your teeth.
4. Yoga practice
Sirsanasana (head stand) and Sarvangasana (shoulder stand) are very effective practices to stimulate your intuition gland.
If you have never tried it before, use the help of a yoga teacher first so you know how to do it safely.
Kapalbhati pranayama (fire breath) is also effective. Inhale, then exhale with forceful contraction of the abdominal muscles.Breathe like this rapidly. Start with 10 in and out breaths and then go up to 108 slowly.
5. Chaga mushroom
Known by the Siberians as the “Gift from God” and the “Mushroom of Immortality”.
Chaga is made up of a special substance known as superoxide dismutase (SOD). This is an enzyme with great potency. Its function is to halt oxidation, especially the toxicity around the pineal gland .
It is also mega rich in minerals, chromogenic complex and phytochemicals.
You can get it in capsules or you can buy it by weight. Take an inch or two, 3-4 glasses of water and boil for 15 minutes on low heat.
6. Shift to an alkaline diet
Eat a lot of vegetables, green leaves, lemon, spirulina and chlorella (sweet water algeas).