6 ways to prepare yourself to a cleanse/detox
Detoxing is not for everyone but if you have some of these symptoms it can really help you:
fatigue, gas, depression, sleep problems, water retention, can’t losing weight, skin problems, constipation, skin problems, dark circles under the eyes, period problems, bad breath…
1. Firstly choose a detox/cleanse plan that you can easily integrate into your daily routine. There are several different types of detox and these include:
Ayurvedic pancha karma (find classic recipe here: https://www.rinagolan.co/kitchari-recipe/)
Vegetable juicing (Dr. Gerson therapy) (find classic recipe here: https://www.rinagolan.co/summer-detox-smoothie/)
Raw food (David Wolf or Dr.Gabriel Cousens)
Liver flush (Andreas Moritz)
Candida detox etc etc…
2. Keep a detox journal. Write out your guidelines for the detox in the journal. It’s very important to schedule in rest time; the body works hard when it is cleansing/detoxing and so you need to take good rest regularly. Be kind to your body 🙂
Expel mental toxins by writing in your journal. Intuitive writing can cleanse you mentally; just write what comes to you, don’t worry about spelling, grammar or editing, just let it out onto the paper.
3.Order in advance everything you need for the cleanse, such as epsom salts, organic veggies, a muslin bag, clay, liver tonic herbs or an enema kit (yes, an enema kit, sorry!).
4. Exercise daily but be easy on yourself. Over-exercising can overwork the liver which is already working hard when detoxing/cleansing to get the toxins out of your body. I suggest a 30 minute walk (in nature ideally), some yoga stretches…
5. Regenerate. The best way to shift the body from survival or fight mode (how most of us live) into regeneration mode is by activating the para-sympathetic nervous system. A way of doing this is through meditation and practising gratitude. Keep a gratitude diary and give thanks each day for at least 3 new things that you are grateful for, this can include difficult things that you learn from.
6. Have a clear intention of why you want to detox/cleanse.